POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : pov crash->debug? : Re: pov crash->debug? Server Time
28 Sep 2024 18:11:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: pov crash->debug?
From: Chris Cason
Date: 16 Jun 2004 03:33:07
Message: <40cff7b3@news.povray.org>
> in any event, do you have a recommendation on tracing what happens that
> causes the crash? or should I just make a step by step documentation of how
> to reproduce the crash and submit a formal bug report?

the easiest way for us to fix it is if you can put a reproducable scene file
(as small as physically possible considering it has a mesh in it) into a zip
file and post it in a binaries group of this server or on the net where we can
get at it, then let me know. I'll then try to track the problem down, provided
it is reproducable on any of the platforms I have available here.

I can't suggest any way to get useful debugging on your platform without the
aid of something like visual studio. If Intel has a trial version of their
debugger (don't recall if they do or don't) then that may or may not help.

-- Chris